"Viatge al Priorat", new wine in the wine list of the restaurant Hostal Sport
At Hotel-Hostal Sport of Priorat we continue to expand the restaurant wine list which already has over 240 references of wine from around the world. These include a lot of wines from the two appelations of origin of the Priorat region: DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant.
- Grapes varieties: Black (60%) Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon (20%), Syrah (10%) and Carignan (10%)
- Name of lands: Garranxa, Terracuques, Ermita
- Climatology: moderate to high humility, winter and rainy spring summer. Slow maturation which allows a perfect physiological maturation, giving color, aroma and complexity to the wine and less tannic power.
- Harvest: From September 15 to October 20.
- Winemaking: Pre-fermentation at low temperature for 2-3 days. 28ªC to controlled alcohol fermentation temperature. Maceration between 15 and 20 days, with a delicate press and malolactic fermentation in barrels.
- Aging: 8 months in French boot three years. 36 boots
- Production: 8.000 bottles
If you still have not taste this wine, you have now the opportunity to do this in the restaurant of Hotel-Hostal Sport and pair it with our traditional Catalan cuisine.