This tour of the Priorat region is an in-depth tour of the area famous for it’s wine, its people and its traditions.
The Priorat is a well-known wine region but it is also a spectacular region for walking or hiking due to the Montsant Natural Park. Over two days, you will have the opportunity to discover the best spots in this mountain with a mountain guide. Stunning views of vineyards and nearby mountains, as well as the Mediterranean Sea.
The package includes:
- One night, full-board ensuite accommodation
- Meals: two picnic lunches, one breakfast and one dinner. Wine is included with the dinner
- All road transfers in Priorat
- All scheduled non-walking activities
- Qualified English-speaking local mountain guide
- Accident insurance while in the wilderness
- The guide has the right to change the itinerary at any time if deemed necessary to guarantee the security of the group
- Walking gear & equipment – I send you a list when you book
- If you want to stay longer at the hotel, or arrive before Saturday, contact us by completing the form at the end of this page
Available places at any weekend in: October, November, December, March, April and May.
THIS IS A 2-DAY TOUR
- 1st day - SATURDAY - Three village
This long, awesome hike takes in three villages: la Vilella Baixa, la Figuera and Cabacés. We follow the paths that villagers of the Priorat walked for centuries to travel from one to the other. Nowadays the villages are connected by paved roads. First, we walk from La Vilella Baixa to la Figuera. Most of the path was paved with stones. Unfortunately, in some parts the stones have disappeared.
When you arrive in Cabacés, you realize that there are more olive trees than vineyards. This is the only part of the Priorat where wine is not the most important crop. There are two olive oil mills in the village. The olives harvest starts in November and can last until February.
The path between Cabacés and La Vilella Baixa was the only way to go from one village to the other until 1926, when the road was built. You will be amazed by the long, continuous stone walls, built long ago by hand, before there were machines to help.
Non-walking activities: you can choose either a visit to a wine cellar in la Figuera or an oil mill in Cabacés.
- 2n day - SUNDAY - Crossing the Montsant Natural Park
Distance: 11.7km – Elevation gain: 670m – By 6 hours (breaks included)
This hike crosses the Montsant park from south to north-west. We will be able to use a grau to summit the range. From the top, we can see the Pyrenees as well as the Mediterranean Sea. Solitude, quietness, infinite views.
In the middle of the walk, we visit Toll de l’Ou, a series of gorges running along the bed of a ravine. We are in the heart of the range. Later on, and before finishing the walk, we enjoy infinite views to the north from the top of the cliffs faced to Ulldemolins.
In Ulldemolins we can buy local products made by local producers in the cooperative. We strongly recommend both the olive oil and the wine.
* Organization by the travel agency TrekPyrenees
If you want more information you can contact us in: email@example.com