If you are a winelover and you travel to Barcelona you have to discover Priorat
A region located in the south of Catalonia, ideal for lovers of good wines. Come to an authentic territory with a lot of stories to discover: a candidature to enter Intangible World Heritage of UNESCO, renowned wines, hiking, Catalan cuisine gastronomy ... If we still have not convinced you, we will give you five reasons to come to Priorat and stay at Hotel-Hostal Sport of Falset, the most emblematic of the whole region with more than ninety years of history:
1. IT IS NEAR BARCELONA AND THE BEACHES OF THE COSTA DAURADA The Priorat is a wine area surrounded by an unique and authentic landscape with a singular character where some of the most valued wines are made in the world. It is the only region with a qualified denomination of origin throughout Catalonia. A magnificent territory that you will find at an hour and a half from Barcelona and a half an hour from Salou and Port Aventura.
2. MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY WINERIES TO DISCOVER the two denominations of origin of the territory: DOQ Priorat and DO Montsant. Great stories are hidden behind the wines of the Priorat: from the wines produced during generations of families of the Priorat to the wines that have reached the summit thanks to the people who opted for the potential of the territory.
3. WORLD HERITAGE OF THE HUMANITY OF UNESCO. Priorat has been in the years to get on UNESCO's World Heritage list in the candidature of cultural landscapes and it seems that is approaching increasingly. With this candidature from the region, it is intended to show the uniqueness of the territory, the relationship between man and nature and that the Mediterranean agrarian tradition is still latent because we have a landscape worth keeping and discovering in the eyes of nature lovers.
4. SUSTAINABLE TOURISM. If you like to stroll and contemplate rural landscapes you can discover the Priorat on foot or by bicycle. You have a walking route between Falset and Gratallops on the old road with picnic included and when you arrive at Gratallops, you can visit a winery and make a wine tasting. This is just one of the many Priorat wine tourism options that we recommend as soon as you arrive at the hotel.
5. CATALAN CUISINE, OF TRUTH. The kitchen of Sport's Restaurant is of a lifetime. Authentic, cooked over low heat, with Priorat aromas. Traditional dishes of Catalan cuisine inspired by grandma's recipes. Combine them with our menu of more than 230 wines, most of the denominations of origin of the territory.
If you travel to Catalonia or Barcelona and you are a wine lover and rural life, you can not miss this wine area of reference. If you come to Priorat, choose HOTEL-HOSTAL SPORT, one of the most emblematic and most historic hotels in the region, where we will make you feel at home.